September 21, 2012

Teacher Spotlight: Kim Pack


By Aaron Phillips

In the spotlight this issue is that of Mrs. Kim Pack, a favorite of students in the science department we have here at CHS and winner of teacher of the year for 2010. I sat down to interview Mrs. Pack on her career in education and her opinions on famous science educators.

Q: When did you know that you wanted to go into the field of education?
A: In my sophomore year of college; I was a biochemistry major and my biology teacher
convinced me to tutor other biology students. I would’ve been going into research.

Q: Were there any other careers you had considered aside from biochemistry?
A: Yes, I had considered becoming a physician’s assistant.

Q: How long have you been teaching?
A: Nine years, all of which here at CHS.

Q: Why did you choose to go into teaching the subject of science?
A: I just liked it. I had enjoyed it throughout high-school. I had thought about doing pure math,
but I preferred the combination of math to science that comes with chemistry.

Q: Any hobbies in your spare time?
A: Does taking care of kids count!? No, I like to read, and to play video-games when I have the
time. Lego video games, they aren’t violent, it’s just blocks.

Q:What was your favorite high-school course?
A: I would have to say anatomy and physiology.

Q: Thoughts on Bill Nye.
A: Love him.

Q: Carl Sagan?
A: Strange, kind of creepy.

Q: Steven Hawking
A: Fascinating.

0 comments:

Post a Comment